Setting Up a SAML Application in Okta
The first step in configuring an application to support SAML based Single Sign-On from Okta is to set up an application in Okta.
Below are step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process.
1. Log in to your Okta organization’s admin account.
2. Click on the blue Admin button
3. From here, click on the Add Applications shortcut.
4. Click on the green Create New App button from the left-hand menu
5. In the dialog that opens, set the Platform to Web and select the SAML 2.0 option for Sign on method, then click Create.
6. For General Settings set the App name and add EventGeek’s logo if necessary, then click Next.
7. You will then be redirected to the SAML Settings dialog box.
For this step, you will need to fill in the data obtained from our team. Copy and paste the Single Sign On URL and Audience URI into the appropriate fields. Also, set NameID format to Email.
8. Scroll down to the Attribute Statements section, and add two attribute statements:
- FirstName set to user.firstName
- LastName set to user.lastName
9. Click Continue and you will be redirected to the final Feedback section. Select I’m an Okta customer adding an internal app, and tick This is an internal app that we have created, then click Finish.
10. The Sign On section of your newly created SAML application appears. From here, choose View Setup Instructions:
11. From this page, copy the Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL, Identity Provider Issuer and X.509 Certificate, and send this information to us.
Your SSO setup is almost completed. Just allow one business day for us to proceed and your team will be able to use SSO.
Assigning Applications to Org Users
Adding people to your organization allows them to have their own My Applications page. You can then assign the applications you want to display on this page to a user or a group of users. Read the technical instructions for more information.