How do I manage access Permissions for Event Lists and Briefs?
How do I set access Permissions for an Event List?
To change the access Permissions of an Event List, first click on the 🏢 building icon at the top of the left-hand sidebar to go to your Org Settings. Note that only Org Admins can access Org Settings. Then click on the Event Lists tab to see the names of all current Event Lists.
Click on the name of the List to go to the List Builder page.
In the List Builder you can choose three Permissions options in the right-hand column:
- Public for sharing Lists that anyone can access, if they have the link. Select this option if you want to embed the List on your company's website.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for sharing Lists that only people at your company can access. Contact us to enable SSO for your Org.
- Private for sharing Lists that only you and other Org Admins can access.
How do I set access Permissions for Event Briefs?
To set the Default Permissions for your Event Briefs at the Template level, first click the 🏢 building icon at the top of the left-hand sidebar to go to your Org Settings, then the Brief Template tab, then click Default Permissions.
You can choose between four options to decide who can view your Event Briefs:
- Public for sharing Briefs that anyone can access who has the link
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for sharing Briefs that only people at your company can access. Contact us to enable SSO for our Org
- Org Members for sharing Briefs that only in Org Members with EventGeek accounts can view
- Disabled for Briefs that only you and other Org Admins can access
You can override the default Permissions setting you set in your Template for a specific event by going to your Events Dashboard, clicking the actions menu all the way to the right of an event, and then clicking Edit Brief.
In the Brief Editor, you can choose the Permissions settings on the sidebar. This will only update access Permissions settings for this specific Event Brief.