How do I create and share customized Event Lists with my company?
Event Lists are an easy way to create, customize and share views of your events. This article goes over:
- Event List examples
- How to create an Event List
- How to customize Event List appearance
- How to configure Event List columns & filters
- How to link event names to Briefs
- How to share your Event Lists
- How to manage all your Event Lists
- Event Lists update in realtime
- Export Event List
If you've ever had to copy, maintain and share multiple event spreadsheets, Event Lists are for you!
Event List examples
For example, you can create:
- ROI Reports for Executives, with planned and actual Budget Totals and ROI metrics
- A "Know Before You Go" hub for sales reps, with links to the Event Brief, booth schedules and travel plans
- A "Meet Us There" resource for customers, embedded on your company's website, with events on an explorable Google Map
Read on to learn more.
How to create an Event List
Note that only Org Admins can create Event Lists and see this option in the menu.
The build view has the builder sidebar with sections to customize Appearance, use Filters, configure Columns, choose Settings and select a Permissions level.
How to customize Event List appearance
A good suggestion here is to use a branded background with your company's logo. The recommend image size is 1280 x 1024 pixels.
How to set filters
Next, you can set default filters for your Event List by Team, Event Status, Dates, Locations, Types, Roles and other common event fields.
When viewing the Event List, users will also be able to search by Event Name and filter by Dates and Roles.
How to configure Event List columns
These options work much the same as they do in the Events Dashboard.
How to link Event Names to Briefs
By default, event names in Event Lists will link to the individual Event Briefs for each event. Under the Settings tab you can choose to enable or disable this feature.
How to share your Event Lists
- Public for sharing Event Lists that anyone can access, if they have the link. Select this option if you want to embed the Event List on your company's website.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for sharing Event Lists that only people at your company can access. You can read about how to enable SSO for your Org.
- Private for sharing Event Lists that only you and other Org Admins can access.
Each of the options above requires that a potential viewer has the Event List's shareable URL.
The Shareable URL is a very long random series of letters and numbers that is virtually impossible to guess. So there is a level of built-in "security through obscurity" to Event Lists, even when set to Public.
How to manage all your Event Lists
To manage Event Lists for your Org, click on the actions menu in the upper right-hand corner of the Events Dashboard and select Manage Event Lists.
Note that only Org Admins can manage Event Lists and see these menu options.
You can also see when each Event List was created and last updated, view the current Permissions settings and click-to-copy the shareable URL.
Event Lists update in realtime
All of the event updates you make inside EventGeek will update your Event Lists in realtime.
- When you create a new event that meets an Event List's filter criteria, it is automatically added to that Event List.
- When you or a teammate adds a new expense to an event budget, it automatically updates the Budget Total on the Event List.
- When your rep scans a business card from a new lead, it automatically updates the Event Leads count on the Event List.
Event Lists are all about saving you a lot of time. They don't require updating, and your collaborators, reps, execs and customers can all get the latest event information here.
Export Event List
When viewing an Event List, any user can click the actions menu in the upper right to download the current view as a csv spreadsheet.